Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry CHRISTmas!



(Editor's note:  YAY!  Coop is going to call home on Christmas day!)

Hey fam,


We´ve had a good week down here. I´ll start with a funny story. So the last time I wrote I think I mentioned that we had gone about a week without water. Well the day after I wrote we got the water fixed, so I could finally take a shower. But of course, while I was showering the electricity AND water went off. At the exact moment that I was completely covered in soap, haha. Oh well, so I just had to dry off and wait a few more days until we got everything fixed and then I got to finish my shower.

Well so anyway, every funny story should be followed by something spiritual. Our investigator Romina is progressing really well. She is one of those incredibly few people I´ve met on the mission that actually UNDERSTAND the message we share and what it means if it´s true. She still hasn´t received an answer through prayer to know that it´s true. But she´s been fasting since yesterday and she probably ended her fast a few hours ago. We´re going by later today to see if she´s received an answer to her prayers yet. :D

This monday I did divisions with a Chilean elder in our zone. It was a lot of fun and we were able to teach a lot. (In my opinion the Chileans are the funnest latins to be with)

Yesterday was a pretty weird day. In the morning, the mission home called us and told us that a mini-missionary (a local serving as a missionary for 6 weeks) was heading back home to our area. The problem was that he hadn´t been released from being a missionary yet. So we travelled by bus to the city he lives in in order to find him before he visited too many girls by himself as a missionary haha. He was fine, but we had to hang out with him all day until the district president here could release him at night. It was a pretty fun day and we found a pretty cool guy that we taught.

Well that´s pretty much it for this week. Talk to you all in 2 days :)


love,

Elder Boice

No comments: