Wednesday, December 9, 2009

December 9, 2009


(Cooper with a companion and the Mission President and his wife.  I think Cooper must be the tallest person in the entire country of Argentina.  He's always the tallest guy in every picture he sends!)

Hey family,


Thanks for sending the pictures from Thanksgiving, they were really fun to see. P.S. Benjamin is huge now :O

Anyway it was a pretty dog-gone good week. Something cool that happened on Thursday is we were just walking through our area to get somewhere, and while we were passing by a house I felt like it was important for some reason and so I said to my companion "hey who lives there?", and he told me that there are a couple investigators that they had stopped going by a while ago and he had forgot about them. So we ended up talking with them and we made an appointment for another day.

Friday was a pretty slow day with lots of walking. Saturday was cool I guess just because we taught a really cool lady who can´t get baptized because she´s not married with the guy she´s living with. Apparently he used to hate us, but we were able to have a lesson with him as well which was big progress.

Sunday was funny. We were about to go back to our apartment at night but we wanted to finish our goal of contacts, and the last one to reach our goal ended up being super cool. It was a lady who knew how to speak english fairly well, and she had been in contact with missionaries doing english classes for years but noone had ever given her a Book of Mormon or taught her. She seems like she´s been prepared a lot, and she´s going through a tough time right now, so we´ll see what happens.

Anyways, Monday was a good day as well, we had a couple of fun lessons. We taught a guy that had an autoshop in the garage of his house, and so we taught him sitting on the siding of the oil pit with our legs hanging down. He was a nice guy but didn´t understand very well.

And then yesterday was Tuesday. We had a zone conference with over half the mission. It was a special Christmas zone conference and it was really fun and really spiritual as well. All the zones either sang songs or did Christmas skits that we had prepared beforehand and it was really great and turned out really well. We didn´t end up getting back to our city until about 11:00 at night because we had to travel to Rosario for the conference.

Today we played soccer together for preparation day in the morning and it was fun. I´m still pretty tired and I´m hoping there´ll be some time for a nap before P-day ends haha.

(Editor's note:  I sent Cooper a picture of his cousin, Tanner, in the hospital after his shoulder surgery.)
Aw man, what happened to Tanner? baseball?  (Editor's note: Yes!)


Hey I just really that Tanner and I both are named after old western occupations. The Tanner and the Cooper. When people ask me what my name is and I tell them Cooper, I either tell them I was named after the MiniCooper or I tell them that in spanish it would be Barrilero. Haha.
 
Ok well that´s all for now. I guess I´ll be calling home in a few weeks so that´ll be really fun but you´ll have to think of some questions for me and I´ll think of some for you so that I know what to talk about, haha.

Ok well I love you all a ton. I hope you all have a great week, watch out for the cold and I´ll watch out for the mosquitos!  (Editor's note:  It's summer in Argentina now!)

Love,

Elder Boice

No comments: