Tuesday, December 29, 2009

CHRISTmas week 2009




Hey fam,


It´s been a pretty fun week. Normally I would be writing on Wednesday, but tomorrow my companion and I have to spend the day in Rosario, so we´re writing today!

I guess I´ll tell you a little about my week, starting from Christmas Eve. In the morning my companion and I did a baptismal interview for a 17-year-old girl. She already has 2 kids, but that´s not too unusual in Argentina. Actually just about a month and a half ago I interviewed a different 17-year-old girl with 2 kids. She got baptized on Saturday, the day after Christmas :)

We didn´t really do too much on Christmas Eve. We had a meeting together with the zone and then everyone was supposed to go to their appointments if they had them and then just go back to their house/apartment early and clean (to avoid problems).

In Argentina we can´t really go around and sing or knock doors on Christmas Eve because missionaries would probably get attacked by drunk people.

On Christmas, all the missionaries got together as a zone, and we did our studies all together (my comp and I made a jeopardy game for the zone), then we played soccer for a while, we watched the movie "The Grinch" (we had to get permission beforehand), and then we ate empanadas for lunch. We played some funny games together with the zone while people called their families. We were in the church and there were only 2 phones so we had to take turns. Also an Elder in our zone did a magic show for us and it was really pretty good. There was a little girl in one of the branches here that died on Christmas Eve so we found out during the day that they were going to have the funeral there at the church on Christmas in the afternoon. The reason I called so late is because we had to clean up to get ready for that and then my companion and I had to find another phone somewhere else.

But I sure enjoyed talking to everyone! Sorry I called in a bad moment, oh well, it was fun getting to talk to everyone individually though. Yeah we were only supposed to talk for 40 minutes and so I bought a phone card that supposedly would last about 40 minutes, so that´s why it cut out without much warning.

Well Saturday was a pretty normal day. Sunday was different, because our branch president was out of town. So I had to teach priesthood, direct sacrament meeting, give a talk, and like always my companion and I do the tithing as well. It was fun though.

Yesterday we had another lesson with Romina. She still doesn´t know if she has received an answer from God or felt the Spirit, even though when we taught her she looked like she was about to cry. She says she just feels peace and so she doesn´t know if the church is true yet. She did try to fast last week, but she got to hungry and didn´t make it, haha. I guess it might be hard for her. She´s never fasted before and she´s a pretty skinny girl. We´ll see what happens. She still seems like she´s so close...

Ok well that´s all for this week. Next week I´ll be writing on Tuesday again because of transfers. I love you all!, and thanks Dad for sending all the pictures of Christmas!

Love,

Elder Boice

No comments: