Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 20, 2010


(Editor's note:  Since Cooper didn't send any new pictures this week I thought I'd share with you a design Cooper's cousin is working on for the t-shirts we're all going to wear at the airport when Coop comes home to surprise him.  When Cooper was really young he drew a cute picture of a bird wearing a sombrero.  We thought he'd get a kick out of that on the Argentina flag where normally their yellow sun design would go.  Only 21 days until Coop comes home!  Woohoo!)


Hi family,


I don´t have too much time to write. But we´ve found some good people this week. We went with a member (from our second area) this week and we taught a family with him that he gave us as a referral. It´s an older couple, and they were really receptive. Who knows if all goes well there´s still enough time that I could see their baptism before I leave. We found another family as well which seems to be really good. The dad wants us to help him stop drinking alcohol, and the 8-year-old daughter says she wants to go to church because she wants to know everything about God. :)

There´s been some rough moments in the week, but that´s good I guess because when things are tougher you learn faster right?

I´ve been thinking the last couple days about what I´ve learned in the mission so far. I´m really grateful for the 2 years I´ve had to serve a mission. There´s things that would have taken me years and years to learn and things that I may never have learned without the mission.

This next week on Monday and Tuesday we´re going to have a special zone conference in the mission home and we´re going to stay there for like a day and a half. I´m looking forward to it. We did the same thing last year and I hear it´s really good from the Elders whose zones have already gone. It´s gonna be my last interview with the president I think, which means he´s gonna probably talk to me about after the mission stuff. Weird. Ok well until next week. I love you family! Cuídensen (take care).

Love,

Elder Boice
 

No comments: