Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 17, 2010




Hi family,


Last night we got back from a special 2-day zone conference in the mission home, which was a lot of fun. I´ll start with last Thursday and tell about the week.

We had a good lesson with the Ortiz family. They´re an older couple and the wife doesn´t understand too much when she reads and the husband doesn´t know how to read so we´ve been teaching them at a lot slower rate. They´re really nice though and there´s a member family that helps us out with them. We had a priesthood activity that we planned with the ward mission leader on Thursday. It was going to include going out and visiting families, dedicating Books of Mormon to give to friends, and of course food. But no one showed up, not even the ward mission leader that planned and announced it. I think if I started the mission over again I would do less activities, they don´t work too well in Argentina.

On Sunday I had one of those moments where you get called to give a talk in sacrament meeting and the time you have to plan it is the time it takes you to walk to the podium. Haha it wasn´t too bad though.

Then on Monday we got up early and our zone travelled to Rosario to the mission home for a special Zone Conference. The day was filled with workshops, classes, and tons of games and activities outside. I also had my last interview with the mission president. We talked about what I learned in the mission, and what I´m planning on doing afterwards. He gave me good advice and counsel for after the mission more than anything. And I finally got my temple recommend renewed, yay. It´s in spanish which is cool.

On Tuesday morning we woke up early and we all played capture the flag around the mission home, then we ate and had more workshops, scripture knowledge games, and listened to the President and his wife. As a tradition, the missionaries that are finishing always share their testimony in their last zone conference. It´s known as your "deathtimony", and I gave mine yesterday.

We got back to our areas last night, and so now I´ve just got about a week and a half to work my butt off. Something funny the mission president told me. He said "Elder Boice you´re looking skinny, good job you´ve got to leave everything you´ve got in the mission." Haha well anyway, I better go and try to leave everything I´ve got.

I love you all, have a great week. And I can´t remember if I wished Bo a happy birthday last week. So if not, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BO!!!!!!!



Love,

Elder Boice

No comments: