Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Coop's last letter from Argentina!

(Editor's note:  This picture cracks me up because Cooper did a lot of these Jedi photos when he was in the MTC and it looks like he still thinks they're cool.  For any of you who would like to welcome Coop home, he'll be arriving at the Las Vegas airport at 9:00 am on March 31st.  YAY!!!)


Hi family,

It´s been a good week. We´ve had some great lessons. A family the other day gave us a bag of grapefruit after we taught them the Restoration. And since it´s difficult to enter people´s houses here we´ve been trying to give as many Books of Mormon away as possible, me especially since I don´t have much time left.

Well, the moment has finally arrived. This is the last time I´ll write to you guys on the mission. I now officially have less than a week left and my time to serve the Lord 24 hours a day will be coming to an end. And I guess I feel the same things every missionary probably feels. "If only I had more time...there´s so much to do"

The mission is the best thing that ever happened to me and I´ve loved it. Even if I had spent 2 years as a missionary and no one had ever accepted the restored gospel it would have been a wonderful experience to follow the Lord´s footsteps and be rejected. But I´ve been blessed with seeing people change their lives and entering the waters of baptism, making a covenant with the Lord and taking great steps of faith!

Yesterday I gave my last district meeting and we talked about faith. Trying to teach faith isn´t easy. In fact I´m pretty sure the only way you can learn what faith is is on your feet and not in a classroom. There´s things that I was able to learn by serving a mission that I don´t think I could ever have learned otherwise. Who knows, maybe years down the road, but I got to learn it now at the beginning of my life instead of at the end. I´m super grateful for the blessing of serving a mission.

I guess I´ll have plenty of time to think about it and to tell you guys about it in less than a week. Someone told me a couple weeks ago that as missionaries we don´t realize the change in us until after the mission, becuase its gradual and day by day, and it won´t be until we go home that we realize how we´ve changed. I hope that´s true, I guess I´ll find out in a little while.

I´ll probably be leaving a lot of my clothes for a kid in my ward here who leaves on his mission in about a month. He needs white shirts and stuff to serve his mission in Venezuela.  And no I won´t be sending any boxes home. 

Oh, and as for a welcome home dinner. You know what sounds really good? Remember when the missionaries would come over to our house for dinner and you would make those chicken wrap-up things? I can´t remember if that´s what their called, but you know it has chicken inside and it´s wrapped in some kind of dough and then you pour gravy on it. Well my missionary stomach thinks that that would be really good.

Thanks for being such a great and supportive family. There are missionaries out here who´s families aren´t even members of the church.

Ok well I´ll talk to you guys in a week, see you in the airport!

Love,

Elder Boice

No comments: