Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February 16, 2010 LAST transfer day!



Hi family,


It´s a sad but exciting day. Tomorrow is the start of a new transfer, which is also my last transfer. That means I´ve got only 6 more weeks to leave a mark on my area and try to get our investigators into the water.

My companion, Elder Carrillo is leaving and I´m staying here. (Editor's note:  The picture below is of Cooper with Elder Carrillo.)  My new companion will be Elder Soza, my 16th companion! From what I hear, he´s from Puerto Rico and he has a year and 2 months in the mission. Supposedly he´s still junior companion because of some problem he has. I guess I´ll figure it out eventually. It´s probably a good thing I have a new companion because my last companion and I got along TOO well. It was hard for us to plan and stuff sometimes because we´d go off talking about other stuff and then realize we hadn´t finished planning.

Well so anyway it´s been a good week. We basically just have 2 families that are progressing toward baptism, and then there´s a couple other people as well but they´re not progressing too fast. On Friday I did divisions with an Elder from Chile that I´ve done transfers with before. He´s really funny, because he´s a great Elder but for some reason the majority of his investigators are young women. We found and taught a new family when I went with him on Friday. And, of course, it was a single mom with all daughters. I laughed afterwards cuz he said it´s his curse that he can never find guys to teach. It actually was a really good lesson though. When we told Joseph Smith´s first vision you could look them in the eyes and tell that they felt the Spirit during it.

The bad news for the week was that both of our good families that we´re teaching didn´t show up to church on Sunday, and we have no idea why!! Commitment can be so hard for people.

Well I love you family. I´ll talk to you next Wednesday!!

Love,

Elder Boice
 

3 comments:

ryancarrillo said...

Dear Boice family - our son Ryan has really enjoyed being with your son. He has learned so much from him.

Kevin Carrillo

Movie Review Mom said...

Hi Kevin!
I didn't know you found Cooper's blog where I post his letters! Thank you for your kind comment. There are some cute pictures of our boys together in the last few weeks on here. When does your son finish his mission? We're thrilled to see Cooper in only 6 weeks! YAY! It's always bitter-sweet for the missionary however. You and your family are welcome in our home here in Las Vegas any time!

ryancarrillo said...

We love the pictures of the boys. Ryan has just completed 9 months, so we have a long time to go! We are very excited for you that your son will be home soon. Seems like he has been a great missionary!

Kevin Carrillo