Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 10, 2010

Hi family!,


Dad sent me some pictures of a 1950´s sock hop?, and it looks like Brad´s turned into a real lady´s man. I hope everyone had a great week. I´m gonna try to send a few pictures today with my email.

We had a good week here. Friday we had another zone conference , and it was a pretty good one. Lots of focus on obedience and planning. On Saturday it rained pretty good. Good enough that the streets got flooded a little bit, but only up to a little above our ankles. I love the rain here because when it´s really hot and it rains it just feels really nice and it´s fun.

We taught a family again that we had taught once and it went pretty well. The mother of the family had read the Book of Mormon and prayed and that night she dreamt about “God and the gospel” in her words. She wasn´t sure if that was the answer to her prayer so we told her if she wasn´t sure to pray again.

Sunday was fun because the mission president was in our sacrament meeting with his 1st counselor. They didn´t really tell us why, I think it´s just to try and help our ward a little bit. But it was fast and testimony meeting, and president started looking at me so that I would get up and share my testimony, so I did and then he shared his as well. The testimony he shared was just purely about the message of the Restoration and how he knew it was true, and it was really powerful. It was a really quiet and spiritual meeting and our investigators felt great.

Later that day we went to work in another area with all the missionaries in the zone. I went with a member, and we visited less-active families and it went pretty well. We also ended up talking with a Jehova´s Witness family cuz a drunk guy invited us over. So contentious but so funny to talk to.

Monday was my comp´s birthday, so I made him some birthday pancakes cuz I didn´t know what else to do. Tuesday I did 2 baptismal interviews. That was fun, they were an 8 year old boy and an 11 year old girl. The parents have some problems but the kids are nice.

And that brings me to today. We played soccer with a couple other zones and our zone was pretty much undefeated. But man does it get hot outside this time of year!   A normal day it gets to like 42-44 degrees celsius, with LOTS of humidity. You´ll have to figure out what that would be in fahfenheit.  (Editor's note:  I looked it up and it's about 111 degrees!  EEK!)

Ok well I love you all family. Have a great week. I´ll do my best to answer your prayers and finish the mission strong!

Love,

Elder Boice

No comments: