Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 8, 2009


Hi Family!,
Thanks for the emails, I hope everything is well up in the land of Vegas. Argentina seems to be kind of falling apart right now. Ok well that´s kind of an exaggeration, but all the stuff going on IS kind of annoying, because it´s making the missionary work a little more difficult.
So I guess I´ll start telling you about my week starting at last Thursday. Well so because of the whole swine flu, last Thursday we found out that we had to buy 2 extra weeks of food just in case they ended up closing the supermarkets here.
On Friday we had a zone conference and interviews with the President, but we ended up just having the interviews and we cancelled the zone conference. Technically we probably could have gotten in trouble I guess because it´s illegal right now to have any kind of group gathering in closed spaces. That means most of the government stuff is all closed, nobody can have church, and lots of stores are either closing or just staying open a little bit less.
The bad thing about this is 1: No one can get baptized if noone can go to church! And 2: Our families we´re teaching can´t get married so everything´s getting pushed back!
Oh yeah but good news from Friday is that I got that package that you sent mom. And it is delicious! We made the peanut butter cookies the other night and we used the gravy as well because we made steak with mashed potatoes and gravy to celebrate the 4th of July!
That was pretty much how we celebrated, besides that on Saturday we taught a lesson to some kids that are sheep herders and so we read them the story of Ammon taking care of the sheep and cutting off arms . I figured we´d try to catch their attention with that since all they do is watch sheep and stuff on their farm.
Also on Saturday we bought our 2 weeks of extra food, and so we are LOADED with food now yay! On Sunday we went around to some members to bless the sacrament in their homes and on Monday we had a pretty good day and taught a lot.
Yesterday I came to a different area to do a few baptismal interviews. 2 passed, 1 didn´t, and the other had some problem so we couldn´t do the interview. I like doing the interviews though, I just hope I did it well so that it´s a special and uplifting experience for them, and not just some weird American asking them a bunch of questions.
So that brings me to today. We´re in the city of Concordia, about 2 hours away from our city, spending pday here because the places to do email in our city are closed. We played soccer with the elders in the zone this morning which was pretty fun. We´re gonna have to travel back to our city so I gotta go now. But I hope reading about my week wasn´t too boring and I hope you all have a great week this week!
Love,
Elder Boice

(Editor's note: Cooper told me what "capo" means since he said that in his last letter. In Argentina it means "stud". So, that pretty much makes Cooper an Elder Capo. Cooper the Capo...I like it!)

No comments: