Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1, 2009


Hola querida familia,
How was everyone´s week? Sorry I´m writing pretty late today. We had to get permission to write this late but it´s because we spent all day moving from our old apartment to a new one. Which is actually a really cool little house. It´s even got a real shower head! ( But I think we´ll have to take it out, if we want to shower with warm water during the winter that is.)


Let´s see, this week I´m pretty sure pretty much most of what I have to tell about would be all the time we had to spend to get a new house. Lots of “missionary stuff” and not enough “missionary work”. We spent a lot of time finishing the contract, getting documents from the city, replacing and fixing a lot of stuff in the old apartment, getting electricity in the new apartment (which is a too long and too complicated process), and moving everything today. The good news is that when you´re a missionary living in Argentina, the actual move of all your stuff isn´t too dificult. Just a couple trips in a pickup truck with a little trailer/wagon thing on the back.


Besides that, we did have some highlights this week in the missionary work. Last Thursday we gave a blessing to a brother in the branch who was really sick. Those are always highlights for me for some reason. I really like giving blessings, and on top of that it was the first time my companion got to give one in Spanish. I remember doing that for the first time, not easy!! Haha.


Also the other day we went and taught a big family that lives on a little farm outside of town off to the side of the freeway. I think I´ve told you about them before... But anyway they need to get married. So we got another family of invesigators to come with us to teach them, because they are about to get married and baptized. So with the help of that family we taught a lesson on marriage and eternal families, and it went well I think. The mother of the family was supposed to go to do her marriage papers and stuff with the city this morning. So we´ll find out if she did it on Saturday when we go back.


Oh one more thing. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! I promise I didn´t forget, but I realized I forgot to say that last p-day. It sounds like you had a great birthday though, (PS I liked dad´s present best) haha. (Editor's note: I got a bunch of weapon stuff...) So anyway, I hope you had a great 30th birthday. Women turn 30 every year right? (Editor's note: Yes, I just turned 30 years old.)


Oh I did have a question. You intrigued me when you mentioned the “cap and trade” bill. What is it?? Oh yeah and they cancelled all schools in Argentina for a month because of the swine flu I guess. That´s what I´ve been able to understand at least, we´re not too informed as missionaries. Although I have heard plenty about Michael Jackson dying, I guess they stay updated here only about the really important stuff like that, haha.


Ok well until next week family, Have a great one! I love you all and wish you all the best! I´m trying to send as many prayers your way as you´re sending mine!
Love,

Elder “capo” Boice (Editor's note: I have no idea what he means by "capo")

No comments: