Monday, May 4, 2009

Argentine Baptism 5/4/09


Hey Family,

Thanks for the emails. That´s super great that Jaren Hallet got his mission papers in. I had heard a while ago that he had decided to go on a mission, but that´s awesome that he´s going!


Dad, thanks for the update on the family and the pics. Haha I read the Boice Family rules and I liked it. Sounds like the parental units are laying down the law, but that's good. I wish I had spent more time doing better stuff before the mission. Doing more physical things, learning, studying the scriptures, etc. And less time just chilling on the computer. But it´s like the saying, The farthest moment away is a second in the past. Well it goes something like that.


Ok but anyway I´ll tell you a little about my week. There´s not really that much to tell about. But on Wednesday I went to the mission home and met up with the other trainers. The mission president talked to us and gave us a list of what we have to teach our hijos (sons), and then we went outside and met our greenies and ate lunch with them. We took pictures, then went to our areas.


We had a couple days to work, then on Saturday we had a baptism. Woohoo! I thought that was cool, my hijo had 3 days in the mission and a baptism already. Fun. Well yeah, so that was pretty much the highlight of the week obviously.


But a little about my comp. Elder Chamorro is from Chile and seems like a really cool guy and he´ll be a great Elder (I guess I just have to train him right). Before the mission he danced with some group that dances the native dances from Chile and goes around travelling.


Alright well I´m out of time to write, but I sent pictures, enjoy! And I´ll talk to you all on Sunday. (Mother's Day) Chau! Love you!
Love,

Elder Boice

No comments: