Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 11, 2009


Hey family,
It was great talking to everyone yesterday!! Mother´s day kind of snuck up on me I can´t believe it came so soon. But so anyway, after the call I of course remembered all the stuff I could have said.


For example I keep forgetting I wanted to talk with mom in spanish, but oh well. And then your question of the most spiritual moment of the mission and the funniest moment. Ok I still don´t know what those would be from my whole mission but I figured since I couldn´t really think of anything at the moment, I´ll make up for that now by telling you the most spiritual and most funny moments of my week.


So for this week, starting with the funniest moment:1. Haha ok there were a few really funny moments. And they both happened this last Thursday. The first, all 4 of us missionaries were in the pinch (apartment), and one Elder started yelling that he had seen another mouse. My comp and I were planning but we jumped up, instinctively grabbed a broom and a metal pole, and ran into the other room. Boxes and suitcases went flying as we tore through the study room going after the mouse, and at one point the mouse came flying toward my companion in flying sidekick position and grabbed on to his leg. The battle raged on for a good 5 minutes and of course wouldn´t have been complete if we hadn´t set fire to the floor in an attempt to trap it in a ring of fire. (Don´t worry, Argentina doesn´t have carpet floors). Well the battle ceased when the mouse somehow escaped and ran into the bedroom. We tore the room apart looking for it but never found it. The good news is that we ended up cleaning the bedroom really well.


2. And the second funny story is that my companion peed his pants when we were walking down the street, cuz he just couldn´t hold it I guess. Mom after reading that is probably thinking Awwwww. But it really was funny you just had to be there.
Ok so that´s enough of the funny stories from this week. PS I have part of the battle with the mouse in a video on my camera, it´ll be on the next CD of pictures that I send.


Ok and the most spiritual moment of the week, would be a lesson we taught to a lady named Airé, I´ve talked about her before. She wants to be baptized and really wants to go to church, but so far the last 2 sundays family has come to visit them sunday morning so they couldn´t go. We talked with her a little bit about how now that she´s decided to be baptized she might have a lot of difficulties or things trying to stop her. Which I´ve never really talked about that with an investigator before but I´m glad we did because the Spirit was stronger in that moment than in the rest of the lesson.


Alright well that´s it for this week. Oh wait, one more thing we did. We went to a little radio station and did an announcement one morning for free english classes that the bishop teaches. That was kinda fun.


OK well I´ll talk to you next week. Thanks for everything family. Love you!
Love,

Elder Boice

No comments: