Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Great Argentine Mouse Hunt 4/28/09








Hey Fam!,

Another great week in Rosario. And yep today is transfers. Yay! First I´ll tell you about the week though.

First of all on Tuesday we found and taught a really great lady. She had already had a really good experience that she told us about. When she was about 17 years old she was really sick and people thought she might die. And one day she was laying in bed sleeping and she had a dream that Christ was leading her by the hand and they were going over rocks and through clean and dirty water and things like that. She had never had a dream like that before, but a knock on the door woke her up from her dream. She wasn´t going to answer it, but there were 2 young guys with white shirts and ties outside and so she let them in just because of the dream that she had had. She listened to the missionaries for a while but stopped listening because she got offended because they told her that her infant baptism in the Catholic church didn´t really mean anything.

Well anyway, years later she´s got a husband and kids and my comp and I come in to the story. We left her a Book of Mormon and yesterday she told us that she read and prayed and knows it´s true. She wants to be baptized as well but wants to be more prepared first. This is just the beginning of the story so I´ll let you know more as it happens. But for now it seems like she´s just a really great lady!

Oh and my comp and I thought it was funny because the day after we came the testigos de Jehová (Jehovah's Witnesses) showed up too. Kind of reminded us of the parable of the wheat and the tares haha.

Ok so on Wednesday we had a special Zone Conference and Elder Bowen from the Seventy came and spoke to us. And it was AMAZING! Really it was super good. Basically focused on obedience, faith and knowing who we are.

Besides that, we have a baptism this Saturday yay! I´ll send pictures after. And also for the transfers I just found out I´m gonna be training this transfer! Cool. I´m not sure if he´s American or latin so I´ll let you know next week about that as well. So I´m excited. Tomorrow I go to pick up my hijito (little son) from the misson home.

There was a mouse in our apartment that we couldn´t kill, and so I made a trap (remember when I went and spent a week learning this stuff in the mountains? Haha I knew it would be good for something.) So I´m gonna send a picture of the trap and the mouse that it caught lol. (Editor's note: Cooper didn't mention what they did with the mouse after they caught it. I'm almost afraid to ask.)

Have a great week everyone! Thanks for all your support! Oh here´s something that I learned this week: That the greatest miracle seen in mission work is the change seen in individual people. I love you all! besitos (little kisses)

Love,

Elder Boice

No comments: