Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Email letter from Cooper on 4/22/08





April 22, 2008

Dear Family,

The MTC is going great so far! Today is P-day so I got to go to the temple again, and that's always awesome.
Let's see. It's been an interesting week. Our district of 10 elders lost 4 elders earlier this week because they all headed off to the Dominican Republic MTC. The 4 elders that got to leave are gonna be serving in Puerto Rico. It was sad to see them leave because we had a great time together, but I have to admit I'm getting A LOT more done in class now. There's way less distraction so it's way easier to study.
On top of them leaving, our district has been sick just about all week. At least one person has been sick every day, so they stayed in their room with their companion, so there were only 4 of us in class a lot of the time. Very weird, but pretty nice because when the teacher is here theres only 4 of us to teach so it can be more individual.
There seems to be a pretty big gap in how everyone's learning the spanish. My companion is doing really good considering he never took spanish before. Especially considering there's an elder who took 2 years of spanish in high school, but for the life of him he cannot pronounce an (ñ) or roll his tongue. It's kinda funny sometimes, but he's been doing some fasting and really trying so I hope he gets the hang of it soon.
Oh, I wanted to thank you for all of your prayers, they're definitely helping, and I don't know if you've specifically been praying for me to be healthy, but if you have then thanks for that too. So far I'm the only one in our district who hasn't gotten sick.

(the following paragraph must be read with a fine English accent)

And as for my good brother Sir Bradley Sheldon, please thank him for his exquisitely fine letter in my behalf. It was appreciated, yes quite. And as to our little matter regarding a certain pair of jolly good "night vision goggles", please inform him that the location of said item seems to have slipped my mind at the moment. I would like to keep it in the fine working condition in which it remains, however, chin up lad, give it time and perhaps I will find it in me to change my mind.

Ok my time to write is just about up. Thank you to for writing! I love you all, the church is true, and the MTC is doing good. Oh yeah and I'm going to try to mail some pictures home sometime this week. I don't think I can put them on this computer, but I can print them off here.

Love,
Elder Boice

No comments: