Tuesday, April 29, 2008

4/29/08 letter from Coop



Hi Family!
So it's been another good week at the MTC. Right now I'm doing my laundry and typing away at one of the computers in here.

So let's see, what happened that was interesting this week? Well the weather here is weird and crazy...The weather is really nice here except for the random snow storm. It snowed on Thursday but besides that it's nice and warm.

We taught our first lesson in Spanish yesterday! That was really cool, and really surprising at how much we know. My companion didn't think he did very well but he did. We're at the point now where we've finished learning all the grammar and now it's just gonna be review from now on. Pretty crazy, they must have us at a ridiculous pace, but hey it works.

So here's a funny story. So a few of the Elders in my zone decided they want to start getting in shape again while we're here. Why not while we're stuck here right? And somehow I was appointed to get them in shape, just because I'm the "military guy" I guess. One Elder says he's gonna call me Elder Master Sargent or something like that from now on haha. So I put them through a little workout last night before we went to bed and that was pretty funny but actually pretty fun. There's this one really funny Samoan Elder that did it with us and he's calling our new program the "Body for Wife". hahaha "It used to be body for life but we got the body for wife!" haha maybe you just have to hear his voice saying it.

Hmmm...I need to start bringing your letters with me when I come to write emails, I hope I'm not forgetting to answer any questions but I probably am. Oh I think you asked me if I wanted vitamins a while ago. That would be nice for Argentina. The ones that you gave me before at BYU were called Nature Made I think? They seemed like they were good. But anything would be good.

And I thought that was funny Mom reading about your hippie convention that you went to. Sounds like fun. Why can't everyone just solve their problems with a hug??? haha

Ok I'm gonna go eat breakfast. I'm glad you finally got my birth certificates!! I just hope it doesn't take long for them to get apostaled or whatever thats called. There's a bunch of Elders stuck here because they're having a hard time getting Visas for Mexico. And they're going crazy, I really don't want to be stuck here. I think everyone agrees the MTC is the low point of your mission. Oh and I remember you (mom) asking about meeting with a guy from Argentina. The Argentina consul talked to us on Wednesday but he was just there to tell us about the country and where we're going. It was neat to learn about. Ok gotta go. I love you all!

-Elder Boice

No comments: