Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20, 2010





Hi family,


I hope everyone´s had a good week up there. It´s gettin to be pretty hot down here. The weather in Santa Fe is pretty crazy. Super hot and humid then lots of rain. Then hot and humid again then more rain. They don´t have good drainage in Santa Fe so when it rains a lot it floods.

Well so lets see. We had a zone conference this last week. That was fun. I got to see my hijo (My greenie that I trained). He seems like he´s doing well and it was really fun talking to him. He taught me more Chilean sayings haha.

On Saturday we were going to have a baptism but it fell through because our investigator´s family moved that day so he couldn´t come. He´s gonna get baptized this Saturday (let´s hope).

On Sunday all the missionaries in our city came to our area to help us work. We call it a "choque de fuerza" and we all went out and taught some new people and contacted people in a park with a big stand of the plan of salvation that we found.

On monday it rained pretty hard. That was a lot of fun. I left my umbrella in my last area on accident so my comp and I got soaked. Argentines have a deep fear of the rain so it´s kind of fun to be the only people in the city out in the street.

All in all things have been going well. Our family that´s trying to quit smoking is doing well. They still haven´t quit but they´re progressing. We have a pack of their cigarrettes that we soaked in milk and we´re thinking about giving it back to them so that if they smoke they´ll never want to smoke again.   (Editor's note:  the signs Cooper made to help the family stop smoking say from left to right: "Just one causes harm", "Enough!", "Stop smoking already!")

We´re also teaching a couple that needs to get married so that the husband can get baptized. The concubine, I mean the wife, doesn´t want to get married yet because she has a disability and the government will stop giving her money if she gets married...

There´s also a lot of inactive or apostate members that we talked with this week.

Today was fun, we played soccer and some games together with the zone. I need to go write some letters now. I haven´t written Matt or Bryce or Max or Michael Montgomery for a while so I´m gonna try to write at least someone today.

Alright well I love you family. Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Boice

No comments: