Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 13, 2010




Hey fam!,


Thanks, Dad, for sending the pics of the cabin and ice-skating. That was fun to see. I keep forgetting to bring my camera on P-day to make cds of the pictures and send some to you.  We´re only allowed to bring cameras around on P-days so the majority of the pictures are Pday pictures or activities/baptisms. The thing is that the pictures that I most want to take are of the villas (the more ghetto areas), but that´s the worst place to take a camera.  I´ll have to go to some dangerous villa on a P-day so that I can pull out my expensive camera and start taking pictures of everything. ;P just kidding, but seriously.


I´ll try and think of something good for a picture. Haha in my last area one of the Elder´s sisters was getting married so they wanted a picture of just him to make into a lifesized poster for the wedding picture. So he took a picture of himself without a shirt, just wearing a pink tie, so you could see his missionary tan and his nice big mission gut that he stuck out for the picture. It was pretty funny.  But don´t worry I wont do that I promise ;)

Ok well I don´t have much time to write. But it´s been a fun week. My new area is basically part poor and part rich. Well actually we´re working in 2 areas so we have 2 wards and lots to work with. The ward we´re really asigned to has about 20 people on Sunday. And yes it´s a ward.

Yeah I was in Santa Fe before! But in a different area. The fun thing is that we share the stake center with the branch I was in before so I got to see everyone from my old branch on sunday, and they said "you came back!" haha. What made me most happy was that I saw my first convert from the mission. His name is Gonzalo, and he and his wife are preparing to go to the temple. He´s doing great :)


We spend a good couple days knocking in the wealthier part of the area (cuz that´s what the bishop wants) but nobody let us in, even one day when it was pouring rain and cold. So anyway I think we´re just gonna knock in the poor area where people´s hearts aren´t so hardened and we´ll only work with references in the wealthy area. I also liked Mom´s ideas of speaking at events or doing an interview with the newspaper etc.

Well we have a couple people that are pretty close to baptism. One is gonna get baptized this Saturday. He´s a pretty young guy, and he has to move the day of his baptism so we won´t get to keep him. Oh well haha. Another guy could totally get baptized but he´s doesn´t want to get married in order to do so so we´ll see about him. And there´s another family that´s doing really well. Only one of them came to church this last Sunday, but the rest should be coming this Sunday. We found out they need to quit smoking, so this morning we taught them how to quit smoking and we took all their cigarretes with us haha. The church has a really good plan to quit smoking and so we started them this morning :) It was fun.

Ok well I need to head out. Our apartment is a wreck so since today is Pday we´re gonna do some more cleaning on it.

Love you family! The church is true and I love the mission, talk to you next week.


Love,

Elder Boice

No comments: