Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day 11/11/09





Hey fam,
Sounds like Mom and Dad had a fun adventure in Boston, lots of history.  Speaking of which, apparently yesterday was "Tradition Day" here in Argentina.  No one did anything I don´t think, but a family told us that it was a holiday and they started talking the past of Argentina and all the problems.  What a blessing to live in a country that was founded on freedom and doesn´t have a long history of dissapearings from the government, with revolutions and military take-overs all the time.  Which is funny to think about knowing the people here.

But anyway let me tell you about my last week!  (from what I have in the notes in my agenda)
Last thursday we had a meeting with the stake president and a bishop because they´re having trouble getting along with the missionaries in a ward.  Then we taught a couple lessons with a 12 year-old recent convert in our ward.  He put on a tie and everything and came with us to teach.  (He´s a really cool little kid)  One lesson was funny because we taught a guy from a certain church that likes to kind of overdo everything.  This guy said the closing prayer standing up with his arms out and almost yelling.  And afterwards our new deacon (Mario) said that he was scared when the guy was praying.  I thought that was kind of humorous, just cuz when small children get scared during a prayer, there´s probably something wrong going on.  haha.

Well the day after was Friday, and my comp and I travelled to Rosario for mission council.  We all talked about how our zones are doing and what´s gonna be going on with the mission during the next month.  It´s always lots of fun cuz there´s always good friends there.

Our zone is actually doing really well right now.  The zone I´m in has the reputation of being "the hardest zone in the mission", probably just because it´s more wealthy.  But as of now we´re almost the top in the mission for baptisms during this transfer.  :)   There´s good missionaries here and I think that mindset of being the "hardest zone" is going away now.

On Saturday my comp and I travelled to a city to do some more baptismal interviews.  That was fun and I got to interview a pretty cool guy who´s a paramedic.

Sunday was good.  We´re teaching a family who has a 11 year-old son named Maxi. And he showed up at church before we did!  Then his dad came for the last hour.  That was fun because Maxi had only been to church 1 time before and now he´s really liking it.

On Monday we did divisions with the Elders in our apartment.  And I went with Elder Deforest (he was Brady Tucker´s comp in the MTC).  We had a good day and were able to teach a few lessons and find some new people.

Yesterday was a good day as well, we had a meeting together as a zone, and now I´m at today.
Yep so that was pretty much my week.  Right now after I finish doing email I´m going to try to send a package home.  I´m gonna send a couple cd´s of pictures, a bunch of old mail that I don´t want to throw away cuz mom might get mad at me :P, and some treats.

Ok thats all for now.  I LOVE YOU ALL, you´re a great family, have a great week.

Love,
Elder Boice

No comments: