Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June 1, 2009


Hey family,

I hope you´re all doing great. This keyboard I´m using is really bad so it might take me a wihle to write this letter. I have to pound to get each letter out.


Well I had a good week. I learned a little about being a little more open when we teach, not holding back who I am, why I´m here, what I want, and what I can offer.


Hey mom this week I heard a lot of jokes about Gallegos (spaniards). i thought that was funny cuz I guess it´s true about spain and Argentina making fun of each other. (Editor's note: I lived in Galicia during my mission in Spain for about 5 months. It's the northernmost region where the people speak Gallego. I didn't realize I was picking up the dialect until I was transferred back down to Madrid and everyone made fun of my accent! It was really beautiful country up there with some wonderful people.)


We did an activity with the ward on Friday. My companion taught us how to make Chilean food. We made "completos". It´s basically just a hot dog but with little pieces of tomatoe and avocado. It was really good though.


Yesterday we did divisions with the bishop and a kid in our ward who´s preparing to go on a mission. It was fun cuz I went with the bishop and spoke to him in english the whole time. He speaks really well.


Sorry but I have to cut this email right here. I´ve been kinda sick and we need to go back to the apartment. Have a great week! And be sure to snap a picture when the government officials tackle Akmed, the prince of doom. Haha (Editor's note: Calvin, Tom and I signed up for some shooting gun safety classes next weekend and Calvin signed his paperwork as having the nickname "Akmed, Prince of Doom.")


I love you all! Thanks for your emails!!
Love,

Elder Boice

No comments: