Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy Father's Day from Argentina


Dear Family,
Sorry I forgot to tell you last week that P-day has been changed to Wednesdays. So don´t worry I´m all fine. Completely void of swine flu haha. And P-day should be Wednesday from now on to the end of my mission.


But I have had a pretty fun week in my new area. I´m in the Province of Entre Rios, in a little city called Federal. Once again, my companion and I are the only missionaries in this city. It´s a really small city, or town, not sure what it would be. It´s about 2 hours to the closest “big city”. So it´s pretty fun.


We live in a little apartment complex, and most of the city is pretty rural. My comp tells me there´s 3 paved roads in the city.We´ve had some pretty fun lessons too because one of the families we´re teaching lives on a little farm kind of outside of town. So when we go over there we get to hang out with sheep and horses and cows, and of course chickens and a ton of dogs.


We went a couple days without electricity in our apartment this week, but then later I found out that this family doesn´t even have electricity to begin with. I think it would have been fun to serve a mission here in Argentina about 20 or 30 years ago because everything probably would have been more like that.


It´s really fun to teach them because they´re like authentic Argentine farmers, and it´s a really good family. Totally need to be members of the church. We´re trying to get them married right now so they can be baptized.


Well I can´t remember everything that happened this last week, I forgot to bring my agenda that I take notes in. We did a lot of travelling yesterday because we have to go to a city 2 hours away to have a district meeting once a week.Our apartment is pretty ghetto so we´re gonna be moving into a different place in a couple of weeks. We have to boil water to shower in the mornings and we lose electricity sometimes. And it gets cold in there! The winter is definitely coming in. We do have a fireplace in the apartment so that is pretty sweet.


There's both good and hard and unpleasant parts about a mission. LOL. Not everything makes it into the emails. I can't wait to share those stories after. ha ha


Thanks for the pictures you sent some of one of Bo´s soccer games, Bo at school, memorial day, and 1 from the gun range. I enjoyed seeing them all, I´m not sure if those were what you meant to send, but Bo and Brad sure are growing.


Dad, I want to wish you a happy Father´s Day!! You really are a great Dad and I´ve even talked about you in lessons that we´ve taught down here. Maybe some of your influence will even spread down here into South America :) So thank you for all your hard work and the great example that you´ve always provided. I´m sure I´ll appreciate it more some day when I´m a dad too. Love you dad.

P.S. have a great Father´s Day!
Love,

Elder Boice

No comments: