Tuesday, February 3, 2009

February 3, 2009


Hi family,

I hope everythings going well in Las Vegas and BYU and wherever else people might be this week. I´m super short on time to write so I´ll keep it quick. It rained a lot this week. We got completely soaked once so after that we got smart and started carrying our umbrellas. I know I know you´re probably thinking "wow genius!" Yep I thought it was a pretty good idea myself :) Hehe.

But we´ve been teaching a lot. We're teaching 2 girls in the house of a member, and now we´re teaching the boyfriend of one of the girls as well. They´re doing really well, but the problem is this week we´re gonna have to pass by the house of the grandma who will need to give permission for them to be baptized. I say the problem because she´s kind of anti-mormon. She threw her daughter out of the house when she was baptized. We´ll see how it goes.


Let´s see, that´s the week wrapped up. So I´ll tell you the new transfers now.I´m staying here in Gualeguaychú, but my companion is leaving, and an Elder named Elder Chacón is coming here as my new comp. We´re thinking he´s mexican but not sure. Thats just judging on his picture that we found haha. Also I´m the new district leader.Right now there´s another Elder hanging out here with us for a couple days because his companion finished the mission and went home a couple of days ago. So it´s kind of fun having a third Elder down here in our tiny apartment with us.Well that´s all the news today!


Today we´ll probably spend going around members houses so my comp can say goodbye to everyone tonight before he leaves. Everythings going well down here though. OH! a couple things I just remembered. Mom one thing that would be nice in my hump day package would be some nice real american steak seasoning. Random request but you can´t get that here. And one last thing, to Lauren who leaves to China in a few days, Good luck, take care and be safe!


Hey Mom, no you don´t need to send me money. I always have extra personal money with me, but I refuse to use it especially if it´s just cuz I wasn´t wise with my money. How else am I gonna learn? By the way I have plenty of money now, I think what happened is I had more money on my mission credit card last transfer but I didn´t know, so I thought I ran out. Now I have about $150 pesos extra cuz I thought I was broke the last couple weeks. Hehe :)


As for the water here. I always drank out of my filter water bottle until I got here. I´ve just been drinking from the tap here. It just kinda gets annoying cuz it gets really hard to squeeze the water through the filter, even though I put a new one in.


Also I don´t think there are any members that have food/water storage. Everyone just lives paycheck to paycheck you could say. Its really funny because everyone uses money right when they get it. So when everyone adds on to their houses, it takes years cuz they´ll buy the parts brick by brick as the months go by instead of saving and just doing it all at once. No one ever has a finished house here.

That's it for now.

I love you all!!
Love,

Elder Boice

No comments: