Wednesday, December 17, 2008

December 17, 2008


Hola Familia,
This transfer just ended, so that´s why P day is on a Wednesday this week. The last week was a good week. We got some good work done, but the exciting part is that we have a baptism tonight. In fact it starts in about 2 hours so I gotta make this fast!
Let´s see, tomorrow I´m gonna send some packages home for Christmas but there´s no way it´ll get to the States before Christmas. But just so you know, it´ll be on it´s way so be on the lookout!
Today we found out the new transfers. I thought I would just stay here but nope! I´m leaving Santa Fe so I won´t be here for Christmas. Oh well. Santa Fe is pretty bad on Christmas I guess just cuz there will be drunk people everywhere the next day, but apparently my new area is even worse cuz it´s like the party city of our mission. I´m going to a city called Gualaguaychu, right on the border next to Uruguay, and aparently they´ve got the whole carnival thing really big there. So I´ll let you know but I might have to stay inside for like a whole week lol.
Ok well I need to go now. We made a cake for the baptism and we have to go decorate it then run to the church for the baptism. Oh but Mom you asked me if I am senior comp yet. I´m surprised you asked that but the answer is yes, I´m gonna be senior comp now. Super wierd, I haven't even hit 9 months in the mission yet. Basically it´s cuz theres a lot of new Elders coming into the mission right now. I can´t remember my new comp's name, but he´s from Canada lol.
Ok, I´ll write again on Monday to tell you the plan for when I´ll call on Christmas!
I love you all,
Love,
Elder Boice

No comments: