Monday, October 13, 2008

October 13, 2008

Hey mom. I´m in a cyber doing email, so before I read everything from the last week I thought I´d send you an email. P.S. this computer is the slowest computer ever! I´m pretty sure it´s powered by a hampster in a wheel and the hampster is on the brink of biting the dust.Oh also right now a guy is putting all the photos from my camera on a couple DVDs and I´m gonna try to send it home as soon as I can.




Hi Family,


I hope everyone had a great week. I guess I´ll tell you a little about mine. But first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAD!!! Have a great one!





Ok onto my week, haha. It was mostly a regular week, teaching lessons and everything. But we also tried to do an activity for an investigator on Thursday. The investigator didn´t show up so that was kind of a failure. But we reorganized it for the next day, and that worked out. We were able to teach a little lesson and watch the Restoration movie with our investigator, and also the bishop and his wife came, as well as another hermano (brother) in the ward.





This investigator is a girl that we can´t teach in her house because she lives with the grandparents of her marido (husband) and they don´t want to have anything to do with us. Also the Bishop went and bought some food and snacks so we could eat something afterwards. I thought it was super funny the kind of stuff he bought as snack food. There were a couple normal things like little ham and cheese sandwiches and the Argentine version of bugles chips. But then there was a ton of other weird random stuff that people just don´t eat in the states. I tried some pickled cow tongue, and you know what?, it really wasn´t bad at all. Kind of surprising.





We also had interviews with the President this week which was great. It´s always uplifting having interviews with him. But ALSO! Yesterday, no, Saturday, I found out that I´m leaving this area tomorrow morning. I´m getting emergency transferred to Santa Fe, into an area call Baranquita. That should be super fun! I don´t know anything about it except a member told me it´s a pueblito, that should be awesome. Also my companion is an Argentine named Elder Cepeta. Woohoo! I´m gonna learn Spanish! Hahaha.





Alright well next week I should have an interesting email since I´ll be in a totally different area. It´s only about an hour and a half away I think but apparently it´s gonna be super hot there in the summer.





Ok gotta go. Love you all! Until next week!


PS I hope Bo is feeling better now.
Love,


Elder Boice

No comments: