Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day card 5/08



I received a Mother's Day card on Saturday and was so excited that I stood in the middle of the street to read it because I didn't want to wait until I had walked into the house. The front of the card said "Motherhood: A Summary". Inside the card it said "Holy Crap! It's hard. The End." My goodness, I can't believe Cooper was able to purchase a card in the MTC that had the word "crap" in it. ha ha

Cooper added a sweet note that included pretty much all of the words a mother lives to hear one day. Because Cooper is in the MTC it is just logistically impossible for all 3000 missionaries to call home on Mother's Day, so Cooper asked his girlfriend, Lauren to call me. I thought that was really sweet. Here's his letter:


"Dear Mom,


Thanks for being the perfect Mom. You are such an amazing Mom. I don't know how you are able to do so much. You've taken care of me my whole life and taught me so much. I'm especially grateful for you teaching me the Gospel and getting me to whwere I am now (which pretty soon will be Argentina!) I'm so glad that when I am able to teach about families I can testify of how wonderful my family is and how much the Gospel has helped us and blessed us.


You probably won't get this til a couple days after Mother's Day. But don't worry. I didn't forget! And I'm sorry I'm not able to call. But I should be able to call from the airport when I leave from Argentina.


I know you always say I'm like a stripling warrior, and if I am then it's just because my mother has taught me.


Thanks again for being such a wonderful Mom. You know how they say girls marry their fathers and guys marry their mothers? Even though that's weird to think about, that would be fine with me, because you are an awesome mom! And I want my kids to have an awesome mom. And I think that probably is true what they say. ha ha Ok, I love you Mom! Happy Mother's Day to someone who makes it look easy.


Love,


Your son,


Elder Cooper Boice

No comments: