Sunday, May 18, 2008

Letter from 5/13/08



EESH! Our Internet connection in the house has been down all week until now, so I'm finally posting the letter we got from Cooper on Tuesday. This photo is the last one we took with Cooper and RJ together at Coop's farewell party. RJ just graduated this week from USC Law School. Actually, he got a joint JD/MBA, so he's an extra big stud-muffin. We're so proud of him! Let the lawyer jokes begin!
Here's Coop's letter:





Hi family! If you're wondering why you're getting this email later in the day instead of in the morning it's because I wasn't able to snag a computer this morning when I was doing laundry.



So today I was able to go to the temple again. And I realized that when I go next Tuesday, that will be the last time I get to go for the rest of my mission! That's really weird. It seems like the time here is going by really quickly. Less than 2 weeks left in the MTC, and I'll be in Argentina.
So even though today is a P-day it feels like it just might be more busy than every other day. I counted and I'm supposed to be writing 8 letters today. I've got a couple down, and plenty more to go, and I have to go to service in a half hour. So I'm sorry if it takes me a few more days to write everyone.



I don't know if I've already told you what we do for service. My zone actually got really lucky I would say because instead of cleaning toilets and stuff like a lot of Elders have to do, haha, we get to set up the gym before Devotionals and Firesides. We set up the stage and all the chairs and everything for all the missionaries. It's pretty fun actually.



And happy Mother's Day Mom! I'm sorry again that I couldn't call. (There's only 3 payphones here apparently). But I'm glad you got my card and a phone call! :)



That's so cool that RJ is graduating law school, and that Calvin is graduating high school so soon! And his braces are off now?! Uhoh, Look out ladies. P.S. Calvin do you realize that it would make my day if you go to Prom and wear that baby blue tux with the frills, and sport a mullet the likes of which has never been seen. In fact, it would probably make me so happy I would probably baptize about 30 people in one day. Just think about it Calvin, I know you'll make the right choice.



I got a letter that you sent today, thank you. Tell Bo I loved his picture, especially the one of the Thumb war. My roommates thought it was funny that he drew pictures of stick figures dying to send to a missionary. But don't worry Mom, I'll figure out how to make it a gospel-related visual aid for a lesson, somehow. You would be proud.



Ok well I need to go now. I'm not sure if this email is shorter than usual. But I'm writing everyone letters, so more is coming, and it can be more personal. Maybe if I feel really good I'll write your letter in Español Mom. Pero la carta será muy pequeño si hago. Ok gotta go! I love you all !!

-Elder Boice

No comments: