Friday, August 21, 2009

August 19, 2009


Hi Family,
We had a good week. Sounds like Mom and Dad you are having a good time in Puerto Rico. I guess the summers almost ending huh.


Kind of funny, today I realized we went just about the whole winter taking cold showers. Well a couple of months at least. We had an electric water heater for a week but then it broke. Now it´s kind of starting to warm up outside so the cold showers aren´t so bad.


This last week the weather was really weird. There was a couple of days where it got HOT! We were out in short-sleeve shirts. Then Sunday morning we walked to church in the heat, and when we walked outside after church it was cold again. Then next thing you know a couple hours later it started raining and the rain turned into hail the size of marbles. Weird...


So anyway, yeah it was a pretty normal week I guess. One notable thing I just remembered is on Saturday I saw 2 carpinchos!!! That was the first time I had ever seen one so it was kind of a shock. It was like seeing a giant hampster about the size of a dog. (I don´t know what carpincho is in english sorry). A weird animal that doesn´t exist in the states I don´t think. (Editor's note: the picture above is of a family of carpinchos. Wierd and cute!)


Well one thing actually that was really cool was the last couple days. We´ve changed how we teach a little bit and now we ALWAYS challenge everyone to be baptized. It´s suprised me and I think our faith has grown because the last 2 days we´ve commited four people to be baptized, and one of them is a catholic school teacher.


I´m really excited to keep finding and teaching new people. One thing I really like about this province of Argentina (Entre Rios) is that it´s easier to get into people´s homes to teach them because it´s more rural and calm I guess.


Anyway, I can´t really think of anything else to say about the week right now. Sooo, I guess I´ll end here. I hope you all have a great week! I love you and I´ll write again next week! Chao!
Love,

Elder Boice

No comments: