Monday, January 12, 2009

January 12, 2009


(Editor's note: Here's a picture Cooper sent, but he didn't say the names of the people in the picture. Two of them are wearing white, so that means they got baptized! YAY! I think it's the couple he was teaching who recently got married. Coop looks like such a giant compared to some of these Argentines! Here's his letter for this week.)
Hey family how´s it going. I don´t have much time to write today but things are going well. The last week was a good week. The members are introducing us to friends and family and we´ve started teaching some good people.
Today we travelled to a different city and spent it with some other missionaries. We played soccer and had a water balloon fight haha. For some reason today seems like one of those days where the mission is just going by really fast. It´s a wierd feeling. I´m getting "old" in the mission now. But things are going well and I´m learning. Being senior comp is a really great opportunity to learn. I guess that´s one of the main purposes. To teach us and give us opportunities to lead.
You know I´m the only American missionary here in this area. We met up with 6 other missionaries today and I´m the only gringo. It´s funny though because sometimes people assume that all mormon missionaries are from the states. So even the native missionaries get people yelling at them asking them why they´re in their country haha.
Well I´m really short on time this week. I´ll have to write up a better letter next week. But Brad, sounds like you´re doing good. Good luck with the math test :) . Dad, sorry about the car, that´s really a bummer. Mom, sounds like you had a big event for Multipure, I hope it went well. Calvin, good luck back at BYU! and Bo, keep being a cool kid!
P.S. anyone know if Lauren is heading off to China at the end of this month?
Ok well, have a great week everybody! Talk to you next week! I love you!
Love,
Elder Boice

No comments: