Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Adios to Elder Cepeda 11/11/08


Dear Family,



Sounds like things are going about as expected in the States right now. That´s sad to hear about the people marching against the Temples in California. Ridiculous actually but yep just fulfilment of prophecy, it has to happen sooner or later.

The stuff I hear from people down hear about the United States always annoys me, I don´t hear much, but whether it´s in favor or against the States, it´s always just completely ignorant.

Well down here in the Southern Hemisphere things are starting to heat up. I can´t wait til summer starts…ugh….that´s a joke by the way, summer hasn´t started officially but I´m already sweating all the time no matter what I´m doing. Including now typing on a computer lol.

Well this last weekend one of our investigators got married which was great. It was fun throwing rice and everything. We´ve been working with this investigator, Gonzalo, for a while. He´s been “juntado” with a lady in our ward and they have a kid, so they´re making progress, at least they´re married now and the hermana isn´t a concubina anymore. Haha we´re hoping he gets baptized soon, he doesn’t want us to rush him though.

Also yesterday early in the morning my comp Elder Cepeda finished his mission and left, so the last couple days I´ve been sticking with the other 2 Elders until my new comp gets here tomorrow. My new comp´s name is Elder Gilbert, I found that out about an hour ago. I guess I don´t really have too much exciting news about the last week. We had to waste a lot of time doing little chores and stuff before my comp went home…and his last day we just went around talking to the members.

Here´s something that might be funny or fun to read though. I just keep forgetting to talk about it because it´s an ongoing battle here. So that you know, ever since I got here we´ve been AT WAR. With all the cucarachas that live in our pension. Our kitchen is old and not very well taken care of, so it´s the main battleground. Although lately the cockroaches have been steadily pushing the line of battle further into the bathroom and occasionally breaking through the lines and attacking in the bathroom, study room, and our bedroom as well. We´ve had our victories, and they´ve had theirs, lol.
At first we were becoming accustomed to it and we began to live in peace with each other. But about 5 days ago my comp and I finally went and bought a can of Raid bug spray, and since then we´ve spurned to anger the cockroaches and war has spread across the land (or at least in our pension). I´m not joking, ever since we bought that can of bugspray and started spraying stuff, cockroaches have started coming out all over the place. I have a higher kill count than Rambo.


This morning, cuz it´s P-day, we finally cleaned out pretty well the kitchen. Haha, actually it was really funny cuz when I walked into the kitchen this morning there were cabinets and trash all over the floor, and more dead cockroaches laying all over the place than you want to know. Haha apparently our Peruvian comp had woken up in the middle of the night and he had a battle in there. I counted all the carcasses in the kitchen and I won´t tell you the number except that it was in the triple digits. We cleaned up and made a big pile of them, I have some pictures haha maybe I´ll send some. Then later this morning right before we came here we were standing around waiting to go and I felt something in my shoe and I had to throw it out. And you can already guess what it was. Haha

Well this is a long letter. And I wrote the whole thing with a group of kids playing Grand Theft Auto on the computer next to me, really loud and really annoying. But in summary: The Church is true. And no matter where you are there are problems. Whether they be political or pest-related. Haha well I hope that story brought a smile to someone´s face. Until next week, love you all. Always stay strong in standing up for what´s right.

Love,
Elder Boice

No comments: